Grandma and Grandpa came to take care of her for my first days back to work and when we picked them up from the airport on Tuesday she cried because she's developed stranger anxiety. That broke my heart seeing her so upset and I really worried about how my first day would go but by Thursday morning she was all smiles for her grandparents and they had a great day together. I'm so grateful for their visit and for taking care of her as I started my work life up again. It gives me comfort to have her with family (although daycare starts next week) and it also gave me a chance to call frequently to check how she was doing. I miss her every moment of the day and I look forward to seeing her in the evening. Thankfully it is only part-time for two months to ease me back into full time work.
Here is a picture of us before I left for work. I smiled even though I was stressed because I want Lucia to know that change is good and that she and I will both be ok.
No comments:
Post a Comment